The challenge was to remove the risk of having on site backup tapes and a slow recovery process caused by legacy equipment. Their current tape backup solution had been installed over 8 years ago and their data had increased year-by-year and the tapes could not hold anymore business data. The charity needed to cover GDPR compliance and support their internal business plan for IT recovery planning.
- Identified all of the data, documenting the backup strategy
- Migration of all the data to our UK cloud backup service
- Backup of their 365 email every 3 hours
We performed various steps in order to understand their individual requirements; we were then able to recommend PDQ 365 Cloud backup.
Result and Gains
- No backup tapes being left in the office or forgotten about
- Enhanced security, all data is encrypted using 256bit (Advanced Encryption Standard)
- Data is encrypted using a key known only to you
- Total Cost of ownership
- Part of a detailed IT disaster recovery plan
The contemporary Office 365 business platform accommodated for a reliable and robust email service