PDQ were contacted by large manufacturer, who had the requirement to install a new faster wireless solution within all their warehouses.
Their site consisted of several large warehouses with the facilities to be able to store pallets of ready-to-go products for delivery to customers worldwide. The fleet uses mobile bar code scanning terminals that connect to a server via a web-interface. The mobile terminals needed to connect to their system, within the warehouse and within all the outside loading bays.
- A complete wireless survey of the warehouse areas
- Identifying the location for the new wireless access points making sure the coverage was correct
- Wireless optimisation and automatic cyber security updates
- Installation of Aruba, the solution that would meet all the needs of such a complex environment
PDQ were able to analyse and solve the wide range of technical challenges that providing high-performing wireless coverage across such spaces presents.
Result and Gains
- Faster shipping process. Therefore, tracking can be completed more easily and faster
- Monitoring shipments from beginning to end of their journey
- Cyber Secure and controllable solution
- Multiple secure wireless networks for applications
- A secure guest network
PDQ were able to ensure coverage in all warehouse’s, loading bays externally and internally including the office, and meeting rooms.