We currently have the opportunity available within our engineering department for a full-time Senior Engineer providing high-level services and support to our fast paced and growing business.
Working closely and reporting directly to our Service and Engineering Manager the ideal candidate will focus on supporting clients, carrying out regular customer onsite visits and developing strong relationships
- Active Directory support and management
- Maintain group policy to aid network management
- Maintain an effective server side security policy
- Enable successful collaboration between sites on the network
- Provide support for servers from beginning of problem to resolution
- Install standard server hardware and peripherals
- Perform daily server maintenance, and provide data security by implementing an effective backup strategy
- Ensure servers meet proper capacity and performance levels
- Completion of Change Requests
- Maintain configurations on user laptop/desktop computers that minimize user issues.
- Maintain desktop PCs and ensure all relevant service packs and patches are installed
- Execute daily checks and procedures
Key Technical Competences:
- Excellent Knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 and related technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Exchange
- Excellent Active Directory design and administrative abilities, in particular the implementation and maintenance of group policy.
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, DHCP, WINS and DNS technologies
- Excellent knowledge of backup software and strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of Intel based server hardware and RAID/NAS
- Excellent knowledge of antivirus software, firewalls and LAN/WAN security
- Excellent knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies and transports
- Experience with network management software, and concepts
- Experience with Server and PC hardware, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Excellent troubleshooting and maintenance of Microsoft core apps. i.e. MS Office
- Ability to respond to, track and manage user submitted requests
- Understanding of document management systems advantageous
- Ability and willingness to acquire necessary skills to manage 3rd party software
The successful applicant will:
- Be self-motivated to keep up to date with new technologies
- be well organised, able to prioritise and accomplish tasks without supervision
- Be confident about ability and application of technical skills
- be able to analyse facts quickly and arriving at sound conclusions and practical plans of action.
- Be self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Be customer focused and have the ability to build long-term and productive relationships with customers.
- Demonstrate a good level of knowledge of client, server and network technologies.
- Be looking to make a valuable contribution to PDQ and its customers.
- Work with customers to provide onsite and office based support services and advice.
- Provide support to clients equipment, servers and network infrastructure.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work with a highly engaging and forward thinking team
- An amazing opportunity to grow and develop your IT skills.
- Exposure to new technologies
- An opportunity to build and further develop your IT skills.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a level of personal, communication and technical skills during the interview process.
|Location:||London, M25 and Home Counties|
|Head Office:||Billericay CM12 0DG|
|Package:||Competitive Salary, Company Car, Fuel Card and Mobile Phone|
Apply by emailing your CV and covering letter to: Don@pdq.co.uk